1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rise of Islam History lessons

Discussion in 'History' started by zm2010, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good resources/lesson plans based on any of the topics on the Rise of Islam unit. I have been asked to cover some classes and will be teaching the spread of Islam, Battle of Qadisiya and Baghdad.
    There doesn't seem to be anything in the TES resources section on the Battle of Qadisiya. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good resources/lesson plans based on any of the topics on the Rise of Islam unit. I have been asked to cover some classes and will be teaching the spread of Islam, Battle of Qadisiya and Baghdad.
    There doesn't seem to be anything in the TES resources section on the Battle of Qadisiya. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

3. AdmiralNelson

AdmiralNelson New commenter

http://www.activehistory.co.uk/

Has some useful resources on the rise of Islamic civilisations, but it is a subscription site. If you don't have a textbook that covers these topics, perhps you should look to teach some other aspect of the topic...