1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rise in anti-Muslim attacks since Paris

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Nov 24, 2015.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ttacks-in-week-following-terror-a6744376.html

Muslims living in Britain have suffered more than 100 racial attacks since the terrorist atrocities in Paris, figures prepared for ministers reveal.

A report to the Government’s working group on anti-Muslim hatred, seen by The Independent, shows a spike in Islamophobic hate crime of more than 300 per cent, to 115, in the week following the killings on November 13 in France.

Most victims of the UK hate crimes were Muslim girls and women aged from 14 to 45 in traditional Islamic dress. The perpetrators were mainly white males aged from 15 to 35.

2. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Just what ISIS are after. Well done to the brainless thugs.

3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Saw two girls in full black gear today having a good chat and a laugh as they were walking along and thought, "Brave lasses."

I hope they didn't get any aggro.

kibosh and Dragonlady30 like this.
  4. secretsiren

secretsiren Star commenter

People just need an excuse to behave like the idiots they are in their heads. Normally, they'd think their bigoted thoughts and leave it at that but after Friday they feel they have an excuse to let it all out.

grumpydogwoman and kibosh like this.
  5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

So very true! :rolleyes:

6. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

The OP says attacks but the story is about reported incidents which might be hate crime to a help line. Overegged

harsh-but-fair likes this.
  7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

If the report says attacks who am I [or you to judge]?

8. VanEyssen

VanEyssen Established commenter

It also says racial attacks but there is nothing to suggest they were racial.

9. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

10. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

I think that Malala is a great role model for all, not just as an example of what true Muslims are ....and I hope, the fact that she lives here now, evidence that most (I hope) people here are decent....

malala.jpeg

11. Vitellius

Vitellius New commenter

Just a little - scrambled really - probably from the Daily Mash;)