1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Susannah York

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Shifter, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Yes, a sad loss

2. I thought she was older. She was the glam, blonde, pouty-lipped woman I most wanted to look like when I was a scrawny mousy girl.
    [​IMG]
    I've just realised it's who I though January Jones reminded me of in the Mad Men Rome episode.
    [​IMG]

3. This website is so temperamental about what pictures it will post and what it won't.

4. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Ooooh - and THAT scene in the Battle of Britain

5. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

Indeed Shifter!
    Been a lot of 'losses' this year so far!

6. Heavens - I was surprised to hear she was as old as that but still a shock.
    Mr C says he remembers A scene in the Battle of Britain - involving stockings? Might have to go and throw cold water over him

7. I once went to see her in Leicester in The Cherry Orchard. there was a workshop first and she went on and on about how awful it is to declaim Chekov's lines and the importance of Naturalism to bring out the comedy. Then the play started and she declaimed with the best of the them and nary a chuckle was raised amongst the audience.
    She seemed passionate about her work though.

8. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Re BofB - if only all WAAF/WRAF Officers were like Susannah and not like toby jugs, must watch it on DVD tonight.
    **sigh**
    Shifter RAF (retd)

9. Itoo was shocked by how old she was, then more shocked/depresssed by how old I am.