1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Patrick McNee

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Jun 25, 2015.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

John Steed

2. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Shame-I loved the Avengers. Good age though. 93

3. He always seemed to be in my life. I was delighted when he showed up on the Oasis video! RIP.

4. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Wow.... 93..... well.... but a shame..... always used to watch "The Avengers!"

5. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Loved the Avengers, too. I had an Emma Peel doll, complete with leather catsuit.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I too loved The Avengers. Another one gone!

DT I was so envious of Emma Peel's jumpsuits. I made a couple but would have loved a leather one!

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Blimey. If that's still in the attic you could treat yourself to a decent weekend break on the proceeds of flogging it.

Patrick McNee as John Steed - a one-off character, and so swinging sixties. More than a few nods to him in Austin Powers. RIP.

8. tidal

tidal New commenter

Another figure from my youth gone [​IMG]

I hate getting older

9. tidal

tidal New commenter

I'm not reading any more RIP threads just in case I appear in the title

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Heheheh. Now I'm tempted to start a thread on rip tides just to get you spraying your Cornflakes all over the monitor.

11. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Oddly, I thought I had read of his demise years ago. I did like the Avengers as a kid, but it is pretty unwatchable now.

12. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

My Dad was an avid Avengers fan, although not, I suspect, because of Patrick McNee. For him, Honor Blackman encased in black leather and riding around on a big Triumph 'killed two birds with one stone'. For me, the Avengers was like listening to Round the Horn; I found Honor Blackman, and later, Diana Rigg, exciting to watch but I was too young to know why.

13. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

There were some repeats recently, extremely dated but still watchable I thought.