1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Johan Cruyff

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ilovesooty, Mar 24, 2016.

1. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Oh, that makes me feel old. It is sad.

3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Here's something to remember him by:

emilystrange likes this.
  4. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Lightning quick and still with amazing control of the ball at high speed. Awesome player

5. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i used to practise the Cruyff turn at training. never did it 'properly', but i gave it my best shot.
    i don't remember a time when i didn't know his name, once i knew about football.

6. mandylifeboats

mandylifeboats Occasional commenter

As long as you weren't giving your best Cruyff fag habit, you should be OK.
    I understand that now might not be the best time to mention it, but you can run around as much as you like, but tobacco will still quite often do you in regardless.

7. socrates82

socrates82 Occasional commenter

A sad day for football and for The Netherlands which has lost one of its most famous sons.

I like this Cruyff quote: "Winning is an important thing, but to have your own style, to have people copy you, to admire you, that is the greatest gift.”

Indeed. RIP Johan.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  8. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Quite amazing how many talented footballers this tiny nation produced/produces.

I always liked his self belief/arrogance. You got the impression he'd be a formidable opponent but at the end of the game offer a smile and invite to a beer.

Great advert for the Dutch. RIP.

9. FluffyKittyKat

FluffyKittyKat Occasional commenter

A great player and a sad loss.