1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Grumpy Cat

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, May 17, 2019.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

2. Jamvic

Jamvic Senior commenter

‘Grumpy Cat travelled the world making television appearances and in 2014 even starred in her own Christmas film.
    Madame Tussauds in San Francisco unveiled a waxwork of her in 2015’

Good grief. :rolleyes:

3. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Yep the "owners" can probably retire on it all, and couldn't even save the poor pussycat. :(

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Seven's no age for a cat, even a viral grumpy meme cat. Ours made it to twenty, but she wasn't an internet icon.

5. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Two of the greats together.
    [​IMG]

afterdark and burajda like this.
  7. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The owners received a 700,000 dollar legal payout last year after a coffee retailer had used their cat beyond its contract agreement.

8. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Grumpy cat is alive and well and living next door

9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Traumatic / heartbreaking losing your pet whatever the context.

Laphroig likes this.
  10. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

The money changed her. In the end they were using duct tape.

Laphroig likes this.
  11. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I have to confess that the first cats I had didn't make old bones, but it may have had something to do with the names they were given.

I called my first cat Herculules, having been influenced by the Elton John song "A Cat Named Hercules". Sadly, he tried to stop a lorry but his strength wasn't there that day.

Keeping with the ancient myth theme, I named the next cat Oedipus but sadly he went blind in both eyes and had to be put down for the distress it caused him.

12. afterdark

afterdark Established commenter

It isn't. But the cat was suffering from at least 2 conditions which gave its distinctive grumpy appearance.

"Tardar Sauce, nicknamed Grumpy Cat, was an American internet celebrity cat. She was known for her permanently "grumpy" facial appearance, which was caused by an underbite and feline dwarfism."
    Extract from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumpy_Cat

The cat had beautiful eyes but the world was obsessed by the human-like grumpy expression. All very sad.

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter