1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RIP Grandma

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafawke, May 1, 2011.

1. Just writing this to say bye to my Gran. She passed away peacefully 12 hours ago in Australia. I just got the news. I can't remember exactly how old but she was in her lat 90s 97/98 maybe. The last week or so she had been in and out of consciousness and had stopped breathing a couple of times but restarted herself - typical of her - not going without a fight...But I woke to a message on every possible site (facebook, skype, email etc) to call my brother and to be honest I guessed the news.
    The funeral will be on Thursday at 2pm, no way I can possibly even attempt to go even if I wanted to...
    I am not sure how I feel. This day has been a long time coming but it is still so final. I've shed a few tears already and I'm sure there are many more to flow...
    I can't talk to anyone and share stories about her though as everyone else who knew her is in Oz with there families... I am the only one in the UK and no one here knows her. So I guess this is why I am posting... just to tell someone and talk about it...
    Thanks for just being here... xxx