1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RIP David Bellamy

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Stiltskin, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

2. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Sad.

nomad likes this.
  3. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

RIP David. I enjoyed his broadcasting, even if he did blot his copybook by dismissing scientific data on climate change.

4. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Very sad. Part of growing old is having to learn that the media personalities you grew up with have died. Who's next to go?

afterdark and needabreak like this.
  5. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Any of us, dukie.

Duke of York likes this.
  6. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

Really sad. He started as a lab assistant and went on to become a Botany lecturer at Durham University. Here's a recent video:

7. smurphy6

smurphy6 Senior commenter

I liked David Bellamy. God bless him and his loved ones at this time.

8. maggie m

maggie m Senior commenter

What a shame. I enjoyed his programmes , such enthusiasm and such a character.

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Sorry, I duplicated the thread

10. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

His enthusiasm was catching - I have often wondered if the Aussie presenter (killed by a stingray) modelled himself on Bellamy.

11. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

Steve Irwin?
    [​IMG]
    "British naturalist and broadcaster David Bellamy described Irwin as a great performer and an excellent natural historian. "I could break down crying at this moment, but I will try not to," Bellamy told the BBC. "He did take enormous risks but he knew what he was doing. It was one of the terrible, terrible, terrible accidents and I wish to God it didn't happen," he said. "He not only captivated Australia and all the visitors there, but he captivated America because he was audacious."
    https://web.archive.org/web/2008020...s.com/News/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=SP68982

dumpty likes this.
  12. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

Irwin was no Bellamy. Irwin was an egotistical attention seeker.

Bellamy managed to convey a great love for living things of a great variety.