1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Right of Response to Poor Quality Reviews?

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by JaquesJaquesLiverot, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Math-Worksheets-Galore

Math-Worksheets-Galore Occasional commenter

I could not have put it better - well done Josie Whitehead! Unfortunately there will always be, and thank goodness there are only a few, who take 'great delight' in knocking/demeaning the work of others, but yet have not even put anything forward for 'perusal' themselves - serial trolls ...

VirtuallyQatarted likes this.
  2. ExplicableNow

ExplicableNow Occasional commenter

Negative reviews should be constructive at least otherwise there is no point in giving them.

3. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi @JaquesJaquesLiverot,

Thank you for your feedback. You can now respond to reviews on resources. For more information you can view the relevant FAQ here.

hasslethehog likes this.
  4. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Wow. A response and action. Impressed.

5. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

My website resource used to have a review labelling it as a TES recommended resource. Has it disappeared? Is it too old a review to still count? Should my resources page have a notice saying that I'm a TES recommended author?

6. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

I have replied to a recent review of one of my resources. I also tried to thank a poster from four years ago, but I presume that is considered too old to be able to comment?

Love the fact that I can thank people posting reviews and respond to those with suggestions for improving a resource.

7. bristolhills

bristolhills New commenter

I've just left negative feedback for two resources bundles - paid for them and was hoping for something really refreshing from the description. Not at all what I got. Feel bad for being negative because I know someone has spent time putting it together but not the quality that I was looking for - at least the descriptors that pop up with the stars give you an indication of what they are.

8. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Unfortunately, people are far more likely to respond negatively rather than positively. I got a 3 star review because I used 'their' instead of 'there' (schoolboy error). They did like the resource though. It took me 3 full days to create and I only charge £2 for it i.e bargain!. Would be great if there was an option to contact the seller so that silly things like this can be rectified before a (reasonably) negative review is left. Tempted to delete it completely and then re-upload it, though this does seem dishonest! What do others think about this? If I buy a faulty product, I contact the seller and ask for replacement or repair before leaving a review - would be great to have this option...

VirtuallyQatarted likes this.
  9. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

How about a 'contact the seller/author' option to ask a question etc. like they have on a lot of other very well known sites?

10. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

I had a problem where they could have messaged me to resolve the issue as well as it was to do with a bundle and TES trying to charge extra when new things were added. After a while I decided to try and get it removed on the basis that it could have been dealt with via pm and it was removed by TES.

11. VirtuallyQatarted

VirtuallyQatarted New commenter

I have found it soul destroying. I am thinking of taking all my resources down and going elsewhere.

12. VirtuallyQatarted

VirtuallyQatarted New commenter

Interesting. I am wondering that myself. People who put negative (not even constructive) comments never seem to have resources uploaded. Additionally, I think they 'ride' the website, with several user names. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon. I have seen some pretty awful comments on other Author sites and felt very sorry for the Author, as the comments did not substantiate the reason they found the resources 'inadequate'. It's nice to come on here and see we are not alone...

13. Jigsaw33

Jigsaw33 New commenter

I've had a similar experience. Did you get a response? was it worth doing?

14. vuvuzela

vuvuzela Occasional commenter

It's a sign of the times I'm afraid - the Social Media Effect: look at Twitter and all the unpleasant comment flying around on there and on other social media. People say things they wouldn't normally say from the safety sitting behind a computer screen, but it still hurts. You've just got to develop a thick skin and learn to ignore such obstacles (and yes, I know, it still hurts) while you get on with your goals. Don't let them put you off!