1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Right, I've had enough!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Sep 27, 2015.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

That's two days' worth of not getting anything done that I needed to, because I have been playing on here.

I am off to put on the woolly socks and the woolly hat and all the woolly bits in between, and go out for hours in a freezing cold garden to stare up at the moon. I might even get some pictures.

Tomorrow I will write my essay!

Ni'night all

FigmentOYI likes this.
  2. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

It's been entertaining!
    Was going to set my alarm for 3 am but don't know if I can be bothered. If MrDt gets up for a wee wee, I'll have a look at the red moon.

Steady, now...:eek:

needabreak likes this.
  3. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

The baby usually acts as my wake up call somewhere between 2 and 5 (or sometimes at 2 AND 5... and 4 and 3 and 1 and 6 - I think teeth are imminent) so I'll use that opportunity to sneak a peak I think.

4. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I sneaked a peek at 3am - it was very impressive, I thought. We're lucky to have no light pollution here so the darkness made the stars shine all the more brightly and that was a stunning sight. Went back to bed and woke up about half an hour ago just in time to see the shadow pass. It's wonderfully bright now.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

OK, when'll she be back?

I say - today at about 3pm. Any bets?

6. cosmosinfrance

No bets until I know what you're talking about! Who will be back?

7. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

I read that the eclipse would be 1.33 so I stayed up. By 2 o'clock nothing had happened so I went to sleep. Now I'm knackered AND I didn't see it. :(

8. grumpydogwoman

9. cosmosinfrance

Sorry, slow this morning....that's what happens when you go moon gazing!

10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

It is a good tribute to the forum revamp that some posters are spending too much time on here. After the last set of changes most people couldn't be bothered. Traffic on here does seem to have perked up :D

11. Dunteachin

Well, MrDt did, indeed, get up in the night and I saw it. I was expecting something more impressive - it just looked a bit rusty.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  12. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Well I woke up for my nightly wee and had a look, but it was foggy. Other than a very bright light i couldn't see a thing and it wasn't even red.

13. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Rusty Moon for me too

14. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Snigger. :D

guinnesspuss likes this.
  15. Dunteachin

16. grumpydogwoman

Well, it is a rare event. It might get a bit rusty between times, Dunt.

17. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Nope GDW - even earlier than that. I watched the moooooon go red (sillly me - I thought it would be fully eclipsed by 2am but that's only when it started!) and then went to bed and got up at 9. Already been out and about and now I AM going to do that essay. REEELI I am.

I love your avatar by the way @grumpydogwoman - the expression is perfect.

18. grumpydogwoman

Oh, well. Nobody took me up on it.

Honestly though. Boasting. Animated gif. Up and about. Established contributor. Get YOU, monica.

monicabilongame likes this.