1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Right angles Year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ellie28, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Does anyone have any ideas for differentiated activities on right angles suitable for Year 2?

Objective is - To be able to identify right angles in 2d shapes and the environment.

2. Does anyone have any ideas for differentiated activities on right angles suitable for Year 2?

Objective is - To be able to identify right angles in 2d shapes and the environment.

3. Have you seen my angle monsters in the free section. They are good for identifying right angles in the classroom - might be of some use

www.teachers-take-away.com

4. Thank you pumpkin pie, they are laminated and ready to use!
    Just need some differentited activity ideas

5. Get them to "make a right angle" by cutting the corner off a piece of coloured card. They can then use this right angle as they go on a right angle hunt around the class/other part of school, using it on shelves, walls, doors, game boards, books etc. set a challenge to see who can find ten right angles first, how many can be found in a set length of time. Looking toward 3d shape, counting the angles on boxes for games. Hope this helps.

6. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

Differentiation doesn't have to be by activity - why not put them in mixed-ability pairs so that the lower ability children are supported?

7. Thanks everyone, they are all going on a right angle hunt just not sure how to extend more able. An ideas?

8. pumpkin pie I don't get the angle monsters. what am I doing wrong?

9. what about using a selection of 2d shapes and setting a challenge like finding a set of four shapes that have 8 right angles? This could be a rectangle, square, triangle and circle if you know what I mean. You could extend this by making templates of irregular shapes which contain right angles. Does this make sense?

10. peecee - do you mean you can't download them?