1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Riddles

Discussion in 'Personal' started by les25paul, May 17, 2019.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

2. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

Oh that was much too easy, come on humour me a little and give a few wrong answers. :D

bombaysapphire likes this.
  3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I knew that but by the time I wait for premoderation, everyone else would have got it first. :(

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I've never liked riddles as often they are about "guess the particular answer that is in my head" while there are actually many possible equally valid answers.

For instance the house could be built into a hill facing south anywhere in the world, so the bear is more likely to be brown as that in various shades is the commonest colour for bears. Alternatively, windows could just be on the south side only anywhere the house is built. The only place it would work in the spirit (I think) of the original riddle is at the north pole, except the north pole is sea ice and in half an hour at the most, the house wouldn't be at the north pole any more notwithstanding the daftness of building a house there, it would have to be more of a tent than a house.

racroesus likes this.
  5. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Ok!
    Fish.

les25paul likes this.