1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rich Tasks

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by ilovemathsgames.com, Mar 11, 2012.

1. ilovemathsgames.com

ilovemathsgames.com New commenter

2. ilovemathsgames.com

3. Thanks for this, it looks good so far!

4. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Remember all the rich tasks already out there! eg Nrich and some other excellent resources including great problems and a teachers' guide from AQA. Collection of links here.

5. Oh dear, maybe I didn't make it up after all.... I'm definitely going to bring it back though.
    Hope everyone is having a splendiferous day! :)

6. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Emily, what a lovely thing to do. Thank you. Do you have to have an ipad or can any mac read these ibooks? Are they just like normal pdfs? This might be the excuse I have been looking for to convince myself I need an ipad! (I remain unconvinced so far!)

7. You're very welcome! It's nice to know they are useful :)
    You can open these in iBooks, so anything 'i' should do it. In iBooks they are fully searchable, you can make notes etc, they have an index etc so it's easier to find stuff once it grows, and any interactive features work (they won't in a pdf).
    The pdf will be updated every so often, as I already have another 3 or 4 ideas to add to it! Keep checking in to see if there's a new version :)
    To distribute it as an iBook, it needs to go on the iBookstore in iTunes, so I won't do that until it's finished. See here: http://www.wirededucator.com/blog/2012/03/14/untethered-teachers-using-appletv-in-the-classroom/ for what you can do with an ipad in the classroom.... (bear in mind that apple and adobe don't like each other, so nothing flash-based will work on the ipad inc. mangahigh, ilovemathsgames, possibly mymaths...)
    You can however get some very very nice graphing apps (for free) on the ipad, along with lots of maths reference stuff, and games to practice basic skills etc.
    I am getting my own iPad soon (using hubby's at the mo!) but have an iPhone, and it's changed the way I think about what phones can do.... iPads are doing the same for computers/tablets I believe.

8. Darnit! logged in as <u>me</u> instead of me (ilovemathsgames)!
    I try to keep them separate normally.
    Thursday-itis....

9. ilovemathsgames.com

Now updated - same link as above, but there are now 7 tasks (and it's a bit prettier...) :)