1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rhythmic Gymnastics!

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by JanePE, May 20, 2007.

1. Hi - Have been given the task of writing a scheme of work for Key stage 3 Rhythmic gymnastics. I have limited resources to do this and was wondering if anyone knows of any useful websites or has such a scheme at their disposal?!

Any feedback - much appreciated

2. Hi - Have been given the task of writing a scheme of work for Key stage 3 Rhythmic gymnastics. I have limited resources to do this and was wondering if anyone knows of any useful websites or has such a scheme at their disposal?!

Any feedback - much appreciated

3. I taught rhythmic gym whilst on my PGCE placement. I can't find any of my stuff but basically all I did was each lesson give the pupils a diffent piece of equipment - hoops, balls (pink volleyballs) and ribbons (garden canes with a piece of ribbon attached). They worked in pairs to investigate different ways of moving the equipment through the air, along the ground, round their body, passing it to each other etc etc. All of this was done to a piece of chart music. They then built the different moves into short sequences. After working with each piece of equipment they then got into groups of about 6 and started to make a longer sequnce which had to include at least one of each piece of equipment. The last lesson was the perfomance lesson. The girls even got costumes for their groups. Not bad for a group of Y9s who hated gymnastics!!! Hope this helps a bit

4. Thanks - its definitely a starting point!

5. We do Rhythmic Gym at School with Year 9 Girls. It is actually very successful as they can work at there own ability and the more able include complex skills.

After experimenting with equipment we then start to develop routines to music.

We have a scheme of work and some resources which give some ideas for each piece of equipment I would be happy to scan and email them to you if you'd like?

6. Mavoth
    Would you be able to send me a copy of the rhythmic gym SoW, would love to try it out next year.
    laurawild_@hotmail.co.uk

7. billcarson

billcarson New commenter

Hi ya, could you send me a copy of the sow for the rhythmic gymnastics, would love to have a copy, cheers, email is jamesrmoloney@hotmail.com

8. Hi Mavoth
    please could you send me a copy of rhythmic gymnastics, i would love to try it next year.

cheers

bekij@hotmail.com

9. ljames

ljames New commenter

10. Hi there - any chance I could get a copy of the Rhythmic Gym S.O.W too please?

Many thanks,

bluefriend132@gmail.com

11. Mavoth - I'd be really grateful if you'd send me a copy of the scheme of work etc too... I'm just starting out as a PE teacher in my school and i'd be really keen to try this out. Thanks in advance bryanhackett2811@hotmail.com

12. Hi,

Would it be possible for me to also get a copy of the SOW for rhytmic gym please?

kim_jones14@hotmail.com

Many thanks in advance

13. Hi
    not sure if you still have it but could you send me a copy of your SOW for rhythmic gymnastics .
    many thanks
    c

charlieconnell121@hotmail.com

14. Hello friends,

I am a teacher by profession, according to my opinion P.ED. is must for every students it stimulates the growth of the mind as well as the body. Can anyone refer me a link for online physical education course?

Thanks.

http://www.alacraft.com.au/scrapbooking-cat10

15. Hi good afternoon is there any possibility that you could email the SOW for Rhythmic Gymnastics as I am about to try and write one for our KS3 girls.That would be great thanks Gary. leeds.g@st-benedicts.org