1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rhod Gilbert

Discussion in 'Personal' started by henriette, Jun 30, 2012.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

..is on tour.
    I bought tickets for o/h's birthday, despite loathing his TV act.
    It was fabulous, fantastic and sooooo much better than the TV: if he is coming near you and there are tickets available, I recommend this show. http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/50333/Rhod_Gilbert.html

2. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

I find him quite attractive!

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

He was certainly slimmer on stage than he has eemed on TV

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Thanks for that Henriette.
    All booked for Wolverhampton in December. I quite like him and Mr BS loves him.

5. We saw him a couple of years ago in his tour called 'The Cat that Looked Like Nicholas Lyndhurst', but we didn't enjoy the show at all. My OH moans every time he sees him on T.V. ever since.

6. I like him. He's not always hilarious, but the frantic shouting helps

7. Noja

Noja Senior commenter

I've just bought tickets on your recommendation [​IMG]

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

TOG RATING?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. I have never heard of him.

10. I find him very, very funny but listening to him tends to exhaust me! I loved his sketch about the suitcase handle going round the conveyor belt on its own!

11. I love him. We saw him on tour a couple of years ago and loved it - the act is one very long and energetic story that comes to a frantic conclusion. As someone else has said, he is very draining to watch and I don't know how he doesn't give himself a migraine every night! But I just love him, and think he is hilarious. Less obvious humour than that of Peter Kay etc and also a humour that I prefer.
    He is also...rather pleasing on the eye [​IMG]
    Rhod Gilberts work exprience, and in particular the episode where he works as a farmer, is HILARIOUS.

12. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Never matched up to the early "million candles" joke. Saw him with his friends in an Edinburgh bar and went right off him.