1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rheinland

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by pigeonhouse51, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Can anyone recommend a school friendly hotel preferably in the Boppard area? Or other areas nearby? I have taken groups regularly to this area but the hotel that we normally use is closing.
    Thank you!

2. Can anyone recommend a school friendly hotel preferably in the Boppard area? Or other areas nearby? I have taken groups regularly to this area but the hotel that we normally use is closing.
    Thank you!

3. LadyPsyche

LadyPsyche New commenter

Have a look at Hotel Apostelhof - stayed there 10 years ago with a group of 40 9-14 year olds. It was brilliant - sole occupancy, super-friendly staff. I think it's in Boppard, but I'd have to check! Looks out over the river. http://www.hotel-apostelhof.de/

4. Thanks, will have a look - sole occupancy is always an advantage!

5. lucyrose50

lucyrose50 Occasional commenter

We use NST as our travel company and we used to go to Hotel l'Europe in Boppard, which was OK. Last year we stayed at Hotel Bergschlosschen instead, which used to be owned by the same people as Hotel l'Europe but was taken over by a Dutch couple about a year ago. It was FANTASTIC - really friendly staff who took the time to speak to the kids, great food (especially the amazing breakfasts) and an area we were allowed to use on an evening. It's by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in on a school trip, highly recommended!

6. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

The Rheinlust is nicely situated, too; right by the river and well away from the railway and the church ("the bells! The bells!") If you go in the main season and manage to eat à la carte they do a Rinderleber Berliner Art which is very pleasant. If you've been to Boppard you probably also know the Severus-Stuben, Untere Marktstraße 7, a narrow street running between the Marktplatz and the river, which does a very pleasant Lammrücken. Best to book.
    Have fun!