1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rewards

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sulas, Apr 4, 2012.

1. I teach a single subject across the school. Year 2 to year 6. some classes i teach all week some for 3 lessons a week some for two lessons a week and a couple for only one lesson a week!
    Behaviour is really challenging with no real whole school policy. so i decided to invent my own. the consequences i have sorted. this will involve warnings, lunchtime detentions, phone calls home, being put on report and finally calling parents in to discuss with me and the phase leader.
    However, because of the limited number of lessons with some classes, i am struggling to find a reward that is fair and manageable.
    Class teachers do marbles in a jar - but i want something that is a reward for working well with me and no a reward that they might earn with the CT but still be horrors with me if you see what i mean.
    Any ideas anyone?

2. I teach a single subject across the school. Year 2 to year 6. some classes i teach all week some for 3 lessons a week some for two lessons a week and a couple for only one lesson a week!
    Behaviour is really challenging with no real whole school policy. so i decided to invent my own. the consequences i have sorted. this will involve warnings, lunchtime detentions, phone calls home, being put on report and finally calling parents in to discuss with me and the phase leader.
    However, because of the limited number of lessons with some classes, i am struggling to find a reward that is fair and manageable.
    Class teachers do marbles in a jar - but i want something that is a reward for working well with me and no a reward that they might earn with the CT but still be horrors with me if you see what i mean.
    Any ideas anyone?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

What about a subject certificate or postcard of praise that is sent home? Could be a build up of points towards it or a reward for a particularly good piece of work or outstanding effort.

4. Thanks for your ideas
    the certs are a good idea - had thought along those lines but the detail had be stuck - don't want to be too long before the well behaved / hard working chn earn one.
    I really like the postcards home tho -= will give that some serious thought.
    [​IMG]

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Star chart...one you carry round and get out each time you see the class? Certain number of stars get ...

Sweetie tin...sod healthy schools, a jelly bean won't harm.

praizepads are a good way to inform parents if that works for the children.

Colour in segments of a picture (bit like marbles in a jar) and have a reward for when the picture is coloured.

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Haribo [​IMG]
    ...jelly beans are imagination boosts for writing

7. thanks minniminx and everyone - super ideas - will give them some serious thought.
    carrying a tin of small sweeties might well be the way forward.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Far too expensive and not vegetarian. Supermarket own brand jelly beans in a pretty tin lined with cheap baking paper is THE biggest treat my class ever ask for.

9. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I keep jelly beans in a sparkly drawstring bag as an aid to imagination

10. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

My daughter who is in Y7 gets these from her school - and I can tell you that they are a HUGE incentive to her and her friends.