1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Rewards System

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by pwr90125, Mar 14, 2017.

  1. pwr90125

    pwr90125 New commenter

    I know there have been a number of posts about rewards systems - I'm interested in the related costings. We currently use the Vivo system which works well for us, at a cost. With budgets being squeezed tight I've been asked to look at alternative systems that we could run internally. However, every other approach has hidden costs (eg if school runs a school shop, if someone oversees the rewards system) it's all time and associated hidden costs. Has anyone looked at their internally run rewards system and assessed how much it costs them to run the system? I'd be really interested in finding out about the system you run and an estimate of it's yearly cost.
    Thanks
    Will Lockhart
     
  2. barthd

    barthd New commenter

    Hey. We run a reward system, here is a breakdown of what we do.

    The children earn point at the end of the day for moving up the class behaviour chart. This is recorded daily on a centralised electronic tracker. At the start of term we set a target score and advertise an 'end of term treat' in a WOW assembly. Once the children have earned enough point they receive a 'golden ticket' and can attend the treat.

    We always outsource the treat and so far we have had; circus skills, archery, African dancing, bouncy castles, pantomimes, Outdoor cinema, animal experiences and magic shows. The average cost for this is £200 per term, £1000 per year (not including printing cost for tickets).

    On average 85% of the school earn this reward and our intervention team work with the remaining 15% to maximise their opportunity of earning the reward next time. Any help? Danny
     
  3. sarah_dann1

    sarah_dann1 Occasional commenter TES Behaviour peer advisor

    Danny that sounds like an exciting way to reward pupils! I can imagine that being very motivating. How many pupils do you have on roll? I'd be interested to know how much it costs per pupil.

    Will - I haven't previously had much involvement on the financial sides of things in my schools so I will do a bit of research and get back to you.
     
  4. barthd

    barthd New commenter

    Currently 327 children on roll. Yes, it is very motivating for the children.. they love it. Especially when they get to vote for the reward itself. We usually have some complaints from the children who miss out on the reward by 1/2 points but we do work with them to help motivate/support them in achieving next time.
     

Share This Page