1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Reward Cards

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Sparky1985, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Did some spring cleaning in my wallet today and finally registered FOUR reward cards I'd accepted from high street stores (normal reward cards NOT store cards btw). On top of the usual ones I already had e.g. Tesco, Nectar
    Just wondered does anyone else seem to have a wallet stuffed with reward cards they rarely use?
    It's like every store now seems to have their own store...all the little card slots in my wallet are stuffed!
    I couldnt even tell you if I have points on them or what they entitle me too? Yet Im reluctant to chuck them because free is free! And everyone loves coupons and freebies. I know I love getting to the checkout in Sainsburys and getting money off my shop with my nectar points. Its like free food haha

2. Did some spring cleaning in my wallet today and finally registered FOUR reward cards I'd accepted from high street stores (normal reward cards NOT store cards btw). On top of the usual ones I already had e.g. Tesco, Nectar
    Just wondered does anyone else seem to have a wallet stuffed with reward cards they rarely use?
    It's like every store now seems to have their own store...all the little card slots in my wallet are stuffed!
    I couldnt even tell you if I have points on them or what they entitle me too? Yet Im reluctant to chuck them because free is free! And everyone loves coupons and freebies. I know I love getting to the checkout in Sainsburys and getting money off my shop with my nectar points. Its like free food haha

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I have a Boots card - currently about £10 in points - I'll treat myself soon!
    I have a Game card - currently empty. I used up my points last week - they're only allowing limited use at the moment due to going into administration - but our local store is staying open, so I'll hold onto the card and see what happens.
    I have a Tesco card - actually it's Mum's! I rarely use Tesco.
    I have a Waterstone's card. I think I have about £4 on it. It takes a while to build points on this card!
    And I share a card (with Mum) for the local craft shop. It is another place where the points take forever to build up, but we shop there quite frequently so it makes sense to let the assistant stamp the card each time. Maybe come Christmas, we will have saved up enough to claim £5 off some wool for Mum!
    No Sainsbury Card - We don;t have a Sainsbury's near us. I go to Morrisons and I don't think they do cards - I've never been offered one! M/S don't do cards either.

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

No Morrisons don't do cards, Safeway had an ABC card for a while but that was stopped. Waitrose don't do cards either.
    We use Utility Warehouse for gas, leccy and phone and get money off fuel bills by using the card at certain shops eg Sainsbury's, as well as Nectar points, think B&Q also do the 5% off ful bills.

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I have a Morrisons Miles card for petrol, a Tesco card, a Nectar card (Sainsburys), a Boots Advantage Card and a Co op Dividend card. I wouldn't dream of wasting my Nectar points on a Sainsburys shop - you get a better return spending them online. I usually collect them at Sainsburys and BP and spend them at Amazon or Argos. I know exactly how many points I have on each card and monitor them regularly.

6. Tesco's reward scheme is best- I am sent money off tokens just about every month, whereas Sainsbury just offer more Nectar points

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

If you download and use the Nectae toolbar, you earn 1 point for every 2 searches, maximum of 50 points a month, not bad and free to do.

8. I've had several holidays using Airmiles purchased using Tesco Clubcard points, and Nectar points.

I also have Boots, Waterstones, Quiznos, La Tasca, Boots, WHSmiths, La Tasca, Hotel Chocolate, Co-op....

I don't tend to use the Waterstones or WHSmiths ones much now that I have a Kindle, but I always use the others and benefit from the discounts and reward vouchers.

9. I'm selective about which ones I'll take on now - after having my wallet slowly taken over by the wretched things... I've got Tesco (works out worthwhile for us since we're in there a lot), Sainsburys (only have it for their baby club), and Boots (advantage point surpluses have bought my christmas presents for the family on a few very lean years) nowadays.

10. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

How many points do you need for a whole baby?

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Spirits it is!

12. No they don't but if you have their credit card you get points on that. As I shop at Waitrose weekly I can easily accrue about £80 a year in vouchers. I use them at Christmas either to buy food or to buy presents in john Lewis. or if I like I save them for the january sales and buy something for myself. But as it's free I don't feel guilty.