1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Revoke article 50 and remain in the EU petition

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TCSC47, Mar 21, 2019.

1. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
    No apology if this has already been posted here. Here it is again then. The petition is at 1,088,796 as I write and has been rising at a rate of about 100 / 10 seconds as I watch. The govt petition web site has already crashed this morning due to the numbers coming in and I think has just crashed again because I have not received my confirmation e-mail yet. Certainly overloaded anyway.

Hope to see you in London this Saturday.

mathsmutt and chrisoakey like this.
  2. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Is this really the best they can manage as a second referendum?

Jesmond12 and blazer like this.
  3. Jamvic

Jamvic Senior commenter

There are problems via that link at the moment.

18B21DE1-058C-4CA5-A66D-090FAC7CEC37.jpeg

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I got '502 Bad Gateway' so I don't know whether I've signed or not. I'm guessing not.

5. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

If you have, you'll get a confirmation email (which you must open and cllick on the link) but those have been taking up to a couple of hours today. Sign again if you don't get one.

6. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

It is the fastest growing govt petition ever and it is no wonder the web site keeps crashing. Last I looked it was over 1.2 million. Mrs TCSC just got her confirmation email about an hour ago after signing at 1pm. I signed at 4pm and am still awaiting my confirmation email. Patience is apparently the order of the day.

7. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I finally managed to get through to the website. I will check for my email in the morning.

primarycat likes this.
  8. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

It was fine at 6.30 this morning. 400,000 at that point.

mathsmutt and primarycat like this.
  9. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Wot she said.

10. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

This is why we simply must end this all now, one way or another. It is getting so childish - for what odds someone very soon will start a 'DO NOT REVOKE A.50' petition and we all start arguing over who got most votes and the ner ner stuff of playgrounds.

Jesmond12 and blazer like this.
  11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

It's of no interest until the original 17000000 remainers have voted then we can see if enough non-remainers will vote.

12. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

One and a half million so far

mathsmutt and cissy3 like this.
  13. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Check your junk mail folder if you are still waiting for an email.

(That's where mine went, anyway)

14. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I got the email back about 15 minutes after signing the petition. I then got 502 Bad Gateway three times before waiting a while and eventually successfully clicking to confirm.

15. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

My confirmation has just come through. 1.9 million now.

mathsmutt and cissy3 like this.
  16. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

16 million voted to remain in the referendum.

mathsmutt likes this.
  17. Jamvic

Jamvic Senior commenter

Finally got access to it!

TCSC47 likes this.
  18. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Signed and confirmed last night.

TCSC47 likes this.
  19. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Two million :)

mathsmutt, cissy3 and TCSC47 like this.
  20. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

For a start it is certainly not childish. This is far to serious for that, particularly as we have learnt so much more about all the consequences of Brexit in addition to all the lies and cheating of the vested interests primed to make money out of Brexit.

But incidentally, there has already been a petition to Brexit without a deal in January which attracted a paltry 330k signatures.

15.2 actually, and 13.3 million voted to remain. Some of those will have died off, many new voters who will have to suffer the consequences we now know a lot more about, all their lives, have come of age, and we all know so much more compared to the ignorance of everybody at the time of the referendum. There is no doubt that democracy needs to be served with a people's vote.

What I can not understand is the willingness of so many to be screwed by the likes of Rees-Mogg, the hedge fund manager who has moved his money over to the Republic of Ireland, the Brexiter Jim Ratcliffe, the UK's richest man has moved to Monaco, Farage has made sure his children have German passports, billionaire Brexiter Dyson has moved his headquarters to Singapore, and on and on and on.

dleaf12, mathsmutt, catmother and 5 others like this.