1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Revision ideas - summer dartboard

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mpc, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mpc

mpc

In the spirit of sharing practice, this week I've bought and used 'soft' dartboards to revise with my KS3 groups. Not an original idea of mine but very popular and I got the dartboards at the poundshop!

2. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

How did you use them?

3. mpc

mpc

With one group, I asked them to write revision questions on given topics - easy (outside of board), medium (middle of board), difficult (centre of board). Students took turns to come out and throw the dart and then had to answer the question. Top three had a play off.
    If I were doing this again, I might consider writing the questions myself in the interests of fairness...

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

mpc, I bought one last weekend out of sheer FOMO (fear of missing out) after reading about it on twitter! [​IMG] Can't wait to try it out as soon as internal exams are over!!

5. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Oooh, I was in Poundshop just a little while ago, if only I'd read this post before my daughter dragged me out shopping!