1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Revising for Edexcel English

Discussion in 'English' started by cornishcass, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Hi, have not visited for a while, new job, ofsted, etc but would be really grateful to know if anyone has had more success than me in finding revision resources tailored to Edxcel GCSE English. Have looked at Andrew Moore,and the Edexcel site, but would really like the sort of stuff that is available for AQA and seem to be drawing a blank.
    Many thanks,
    cornishcass

2. Post your e-mail and I will send you some stuff.

3. I would love to jump on this bandwagon Gypy, if you wouldn't mind. Taught AQa for five years and have just started Edexcel this year at my new school- have had to make so much of my own stuff. Would really appreciate something fresh.
    janethefish@googlemail.com

4. There is actually a revision guide for students that can be purchased from Edexcel directly and I find their other publication 'Aim Higher' an excellent resource. It tells you everything the pupils need to know to achieve good grades in their exams and includes student examples.

5. Dear gipy,
    sorry for the delay in replying. Easter came early altho it is going too darn fast! I would really appreciate any resources you ahve and am happy to share stuff with you. I have got hold of a copy of the one revision guide, but not over impressed with it.
    Thanks again,
    Cass

cornishcass@yahoo.co.uk

6. I'm afraid Edexcel just keep fobbing this one off. Their resources for the poetry are excellent, but next to nothing for Unit2: The Writer's Craft. Very disappointing.