1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

reviews for resources

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hyssop_puppy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. How do you encourage people to rate and review your resources?
    I haven't uploaded many, but they have been viewed and downloaded, and I confess I'm disappointed that no-one has written anything, not even a thanks!

2. How do you encourage people to rate and review your resources?
    I haven't uploaded many, but they have been viewed and downloaded, and I confess I'm disappointed that no-one has written anything, not even a thanks!

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I agree that it's frustrating, but I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.
    Some of my resources have been commented on, and I do really appreciate the people who take the trouble to do that. What I find really annoying is that some people have favourited resources and not bothered to say thanks. If somebody has viewed a resources and not commented it might be that they didn't like the resource or it wasn't quite what they were looking for, but they did didn't like to leave a negative comment. But if somebody has added a resource to the favourites list and then not rated it, that's a bit out of order.
    Try not to be downhearted or to let it put you off sharing resources. The longer they are there, the more comments they will start to get. I think sometimes it's so quick and easy to download a resource, that people forget that there's a real person at the other end. If you lent a colleague something in real life they would automatically say thank you. Unfortunately, people seem to forget that good manners are also appreciated on the 'net.

4. Thank you for your encouragement.
    I think I may go and check out your resources. If someone is favouriting themthey must have something going for them!!

5. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Congratulations [​IMG]

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Your post prompted me to take a look at things I've downloaded one has 12071 viewers and 15 reviews [​IMG]

7. Just checked mine - I see one has been viewed over 35,000 times with 35 comments. Oh well - one in every thousand liked it then.