1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Review of Teachers' Standards and threshold?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by LittleMissCurious, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Came across this totally by accident arlier - http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/reviewofstandards/a00192172/review-of-teachers-standards-first-and-second-reports
    Apparently from Sept 2012 the Core standards and post-threshold standards, as well as AST and Excellent teacher standards, are to be replaced.
    Has anyone got any idea what this might do the to threshold payments (and indeed, threshold applications/assessments)??? I'm on M6 at the moment, but hoping to apply for UPS1 with this year & last year's PM reviews. If there are no post-threshold standards, how will I do that?!?!

2. Came across this totally by accident arlier - http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/reviewofstandards/a00192172/review-of-teachers-standards-first-and-second-reports
    Apparently from Sept 2012 the Core standards and post-threshold standards, as well as AST and Excellent teacher standards, are to be replaced.
    Has anyone got any idea what this might do the to threshold payments (and indeed, threshold applications/assessments)??? I'm on M6 at the moment, but hoping to apply for UPS1 with this year & last year's PM reviews. If there are no post-threshold standards, how will I do that?!?!

3. I need this year's PM cycle to be completed first.... So can't apply til that is done in Sept 2012.

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I think you can apply any time before 31st October, The PM cycle can be completed later. However, I very much doubt that they will have different rules for people who apply before 1st September.