1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

returning to work just after a payday

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by NICGILLETT, Nov 21, 2011.

1. NICGILLETT

NICGILLETT New commenter

Hi,was just hoping for some clarity...I go on mat leave next year and am due to return to work in June 10 days after that months payday. Will June's wage include my pay for the rest of the month when I am back at work or will I have to wait til July's pay? Hope someone csran help :)

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

The end of June pay will see you paid for the days worked in June.

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I assume you mean that your LA pays monthly pay in the middle of the month, not at the end (with half of the monthly work paid in arrears and half in advance).
    You'd need to ask HR/Salaries how they deal with someone who only works afew days at the end of the month.
    I suspect that they won't be able to pay you on the normal payday in June as you won't yet have returned to work and, even though you fully intend to, there's no guarantee that you will actually be able to.
    It's more likely that your June pay will be added to your July pay but it's always possible to ask for an advance of salary in June (cheque or Bank Credit payment that is then deducted from the June/July gross pay on the July payslip)