1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning to work help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by AJay1991, Feb 8, 2018.

1. AJay1991

AJay1991 New commenter

So I’m planning to return to work the last week before Easter so that I can phase my return gradually, I’m thinking both about leaving my little one and returning right before exam season... I need to ease myself back in!

Somebody told me that when you return to work you’re paid for that entire month but I’m struggling to believe it. How do I work out my March pay please?

Thanks in advance!

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

By "phase my return gradually", I presume you just mean that you'll have a break after the first week? (That will probably will work well - you'll be able to assess where each group is at before planning for the next half-term.)

You'll be paid from the date you return - so if you return on 24th March, you'll get 8 days pay for March, and then the whole of April.

3. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Depending when your usual pay date is, it's possible you might not get the pay for March until April. It's worth talking to someone about this if you need the cashflow - they might be able to make sure the paperwork is through for you to be included in the March payroll.

AJay1991 likes this.
  4. AJay1991

AJay1991 New commenter

Thank you frustum, I will go in and ask! I definitely need it to make sure I can pay our childminder for after the Easter break!