1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning to the PGCE

Discussion in 'Personal' started by george_gw, Sep 18, 2019.

1. george_gw

george_gw New commenter

Hi all,

I was doing my PGCE a couple of years ago and got to about March time before I ended up having to withdraw from the course as I was unable to cope with everything at the time. However, I am now thinking about trying again but don't know if I would have to start from the beginning of the course or if I could pick up where I left off. I am also unclear on funding; I had to pay back half the student finance for the year. Does this mean I will only pay half from self-funding if I return?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated :)

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Don't bother

3. george_gw

george_gw New commenter

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

You ought to contact your course providers-presumably some if not all of the same staff will be there and will be able to comment on your particular circumstances. You could ask Admissions about the fees aspect, and you could try to get hold of your course tutors who might be able to comment on whether you ought to re-uptake and whether anything which you did will have been accredited to you.
    it is inconvenient that you left without first obtaining knowledge of this potential, although only you know why you had to get out of doing it so badly. Clearly you are in a better place now, which is good...