1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning to Teaching

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by amylou88, Mar 15, 2016.

1. amylou88

amylou88 New commenter

Hello all!

I qualified as a primary teacher in 2011 and worked through until early 2014. I decided to work in an SEN teacher at a local college for a while but unfortunately my contract was temporary. I'm currently working as a HLTA in a lovely primary school and now feel like I'm ready to take on my own class again.

The curriculum and assessment has changed since I was teaching and also teacher expectations. I was hoping for some advice that I can use to inform future teaching and also prepare me for interview!

Thank you in advance!

Amy

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there!

I suggest that you ask your colleagues on the Primary Forum for their suggestions for getting back up to speed. You could read the National Curriculum document, but it's a bit heavy going. I'll attach it anyway.

Correction, no I shall not - it's too large to upload. Here's the link instead.

As for application advice, come to Jobseekers and ask me there - I have loads of advice available.

Just scroll down the forums list to find Primary and Jobseekers.

Best wishes

amylou88 likes this.