1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning to teaching

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by rhardyman, Oct 27, 2015.

1. rhardyman

rhardyman New commenter

Hi,

I gained my QTS back in 2011 and went on to get a job in year 2. After struggling through with no support I left just before the end of my first term.

I am now looking to return but I have been out of the loop for 4 years. My current idea is supply teaching but I am not sure how to go about this or any good companies.

Any body who has returned to teaching and could let me know how they went about this I would be very greatful.

Also does any body know some return to teaching courses to bush up on my subject knowledge?

Thanks for any help!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh dear, you are in a pickle now!

Basically, you haven't done your NQT year. And you are as you say yourself, out of the loop.

Yes, supply would be good. It would also allow you to see if you are really correct in going back . . . it may be the right move for you, or it may not be. Only you can see that.

By the way, we are not allowed to recommend - or un-recommend! - any Supply Agencies on this website, so you will just have to look for them in the local phone book.

You don't say which subject . . . is it KS1? There are no longer any government-supported RTT courses. There are some run by Supply Agencies, but it is difficult to say what quality they are. Ditto for ones run by other companies, or even your local FE College. And they all cost .

Try Supply first, but read this:

I got QTS ages ago, but have never done my induction year. Can I still apply for jobs as a NQT?

Best wishes