1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning to teaching

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Karenin, Feb 14, 2011.

1. After a long absence from teaching how are the LEA able to check what your final salary was if you do not give them that information. I want to apply for a job that is being advertised at an NQT rate and am fed up of being penalised because of my level on the pay scale. This job is perfect for my personal circumstances and I would be a strong candidate if I wasn't so expensive.

2. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Would they not be able to work out how many years of experience you have got from your apllication form?

3. I started two scale points higher due to London weighting and 3 points were acquired through a number of temporary positions (the unhappy lot of an experienced teacher if you decide to relocate I'm afraid). I could therefore fudge the application form a little.

4. frustum

frustum Established commenter

When you say it's been advertised at NQT rate, what do you mean? Have they specified that they want an NQT?