1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

returning to teaching

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by lizrbaldwin, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Hi, I have been out of teaching for 5 years raising a family. I need to return to teaching full time but am finding it really difficult to get a job as my references are so out of date and I havn't stepped into a school for so long. I don't know if I should do a back to teacing course or just ring my local school and see if I can come in and do some work experience with them for a while to get myself up to date and potentially get some better references. Which is the better option? Thanks

2. Hi, I have been out of teaching for 5 years raising a family. I need to return to teaching full time but am finding it really difficult to get a job as my references are so out of date and I havn't stepped into a school for so long. I don't know if I should do a back to teacing course or just ring my local school and see if I can come in and do some work experience with them for a while to get myself up to date and potentially get some better references. Which is the better option? Thanks