1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

returning to teaching in the UK from overseas

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rta, Feb 20, 2011.

1. rta

rta

Before you start, I know this is probably the worst time to choose to do this, but needs must, and I want to come home! Really looking for advice for a paragraph that will persaude heads to give my applications a second glance stating that I am happy to fly home for interview and can be CRB checkable. At the mo I feel that I would be too much like hard work to consider, but I know I would have a lot to contribute if I was given the chance.
    Have downshifted my aspirations from middle management in the hope that will help - but that makes me quite expensive as a classroom teacher...
    Working on my exec summary as I type! Any advice very gratefully received!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Not so much the worst time as the worst place . . . applying from Foreign Parts, I mean. Where are you actually?
    Have you read this?
    End of contract and applying for a post in the UK for September?
    Captain Mainwaring has a good suggestion in there for wording that.
    Best wishes
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. rta

rta

Am in a very well regarded brit curriculum school (internationally) in the Middle East. I realise that I will have to be luck to come across a head in the UK who may recognise that.
    Having been middle management for years I am finding it hard to refocus my applications towards classroom teacher jobs, but fear that I may be considered too 'out of the system' for middle management in the UK.
    Now trying to write my executive summary and hoping that it will make all the difference!
    Thanks for the Capt Mainwaining link