1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning to pgce

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Gary-R, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Gary-R

Gary-R New commenter

Good morning,

I left a biology pgce course in 2009 (after being on the course for around 6-7 months).

I left the course as I felt under prepared for it (i.e. I wasn't ready for it) and as a result could not cope with all the chemistry and physics lessons I was teaching.

I have been working in finance ever since however I'm planning on spending the next 1.5 years brushing up on my subject knowledge and pedagogy, and making an application for a biology pgce beginning September 2018.

Has anyone been in this position and if so can you kindly offer any thoughts on whether or not universities are likely to reject me as I've already had my chance.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

2. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

It is unlikely that a University will be aware of your previous PGCE experience (unless you tell them), particularly if you are applying to a different institution.

3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

No, they want your money.

mandala1 likes this.
  4. Gary-R

Gary-R New commenter

Thanks for the replies.

I have emailed a course leader and it appears you are both correct, i.e. I should be able to reapply.

Hopefully with some solid work experience and a lot more preparation this time around I get a place and actually complete the course.