1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning full time from ML while requesting flexible working

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by 3togo, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Hello,

Has anyone been in the this situation?

I went on ML in June last year. I have taken one year off and would like to return in June, full time, for the remainder of the summer term. In the meantime , I have let the HT know that I will be making a FW request for 3 days starting next September. Knowing this, He has told me I won't be able to return full time and will instead have to return on the 3 days of my intended flexible working arrangement. Is he allowed to do this?
    Everything I have read says I have the right to return on the same pay and conditions as when I left. The FW request should be treated separately to this shouldn't it?
    Or am I in the wrong for trying to play the system and be paid full time for a month's work plus 6 weeks holiday?
    Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks
    3togo

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

www.tesfaq.co.uk - section on flexible working there that should answer your queries