1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RETURNING FROM NZ TO UK

Discussion in 'Primary' started by heathernorton79, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Our family is looking to return to UK next year. I haven't taught since 2007 and have had 2 kids since then. Nor have I taught in New Zealand as I did the GTP in England and it is not recognised in NZ. I am hearing a lot of negativity about teaching in the UK right now - strikes, pay freezes, GTC no longer, unemployment, Academies. Would I notice a big difference to my experience from 2007 as a teacher - would I be crazy to return to teaching?! How am I going to find a job??!! Thoughts, ideas, comments, help, feedback all welcome!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

If you get a job, you won't notice much difference on a day to day level. However getting a job is hard...there are too many teachers for too few jobs.

Strikes and pay are massively important to some and not at all to others. GTC, did any of us every find it a benefit anyway? Academies are a bonus to many and a nightmare to many others. Like schools some are fabulous and some terrible.

Being a primary teacher in England is still the very best job in the world, so come back and have a good go at it. Supply is probably a good way back in.