1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning from maternity leave before the summer holidays

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by babymermalady, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Hi all

This is my first time post and not sure if posted in right place but here goes.

I have not long had my first baby (December) and intend to go back to school for the last 3 to 4 days of term before the summer holidays. I want to do this to get things sorted for September and meet class etc. but also so I can get said for the holidays as things are really tight. I can't do the full week as I have physio on the monday. My current contract is full time and I am requesting to go part time from September. My head spoke to me saying me going part time is ok and she talked about my role when I return.

what I would like to know is I am requesting a reduced contract from September so when I return it will be full time so I get that pay through the holidays. My head has mentioned I will start back on the new contract and any extra days I work she will pay for but this is not what I requested and didn't think could happen. Can she do this as I requested the change from September?

Thanks in advance and apologies for and spelling and grammar errors but I'm posting off my phone with elephant fingers! x x x

2. I would have thought your return to work date would be the start of any new contractual changes. Otherwise the few days at end if term could be considered kit days? However if you are currently full time and wish to return fill time for the remainder of this year you should be entitled to. I recommend you get in touch with your union. Xx