1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning for USA to UK.

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by loud789, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I have a UK degree and PGCE in Geography. I also have USA single subject and Special Education credentials.
    Where would I fall on the payscale in the UK?
    Would I need to sign up for more teacher training?
    I have taught in USA and OZ for the past 10 years and do not want to go back to the begining again.
    Thanks for any info.

2. I have a UK degree and PGCE in Geography. I also have USA single subject and Special Education credentials.
    Where would I fall on the payscale in the UK?
    Would I need to sign up for more teacher training?
    I have taught in USA and OZ for the past 10 years and do not want to go back to the begining again.
    Thanks for any info.

3. How did you make the transition from the UK to USA? A lot of people on the board ask about doing that. But it seems that it would be a difficult process. How did you go about it? Did you have to take classes or did you apply to some sort of internship program that allowed you to teach while you earned your credential through some program like Teach for America or ? Were you in a (supposed) shortage field like math or science or special ed? Was your single subject related to special ed or did you get a clearance for special ed and then add the other subject?

Thanks for answering if you do.