1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning back to UK to teach from Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by UmarKhalil5134, Mar 15, 2016.

1. UmarKhalil5134

UmarKhalil5134 New commenter

I'm currently in my third year working at an international school in saudi. I'm teaching iGCSE and ALevels, as I had done in the UK. (I am also examiner for Cambridge examining board) Before coming abroad to teach I had taught in UK for four years. I have read the article on teachers returning back to the UK after employment abroad, but I can't seem to understand why I haven't received any positive feedback. I have mentioned in my applications that I would b willing to travel back to UK for interview ls If I were to be shortlisted, but is there anything else I can do to increase my chances of being shortlisted?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there and welcome to our forum.

In applying for any post, success will depend partly on what stage, what subject, and where in the country. A Primary teacher applying for S Devon would have less chance than a Secondary Maths teacher applying for posts in Birmingham.

This is good.

This, too, is good.

That is excellent, if your employer is willing to allow you the time off. But, of course, there is always the point that schools may be reluctant to put you to this expense on the off-chance that you would be appointed. Do you use the wording suggested in the article below?

Well done!

Have you read - and implemented - all the other applications advice from the Professional Advice Hub? Tag me @TheoGriff if you haven't found it and I'll point you in the right direction.

Best wishes

3. UmarKhalil5134

UmarKhalil5134 New commenter

Thank you.