1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returning after 2 years out

Discussion in 'Primary' started by marynpat, Jan 21, 2016.

1. marynpat

marynpat New commenter

Hello everyone.

I'm returning to teaching after two years out and there are a few things I need clarifying by someone in post rather than than just scouring the internet and muddling together!

New national curriculum has new assessment, have levels completely gone and I'd each school to their own with assessment criteria?

Do you still talk and use CVA? What about Fischer family trust?

I understand sa, sa+ and statments are gone, but what are they using to give an idea of where children are in terms of Sen?

I think that was all!

Thank you.

2. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

Hello,

NC levels have completely gone. The current year 3s were the last to come up from year 2 with NC levels. Most schools will have probably spend the last year trying to find an appropriate assessment system. We are using something known as 21 steps, whilst other schools I know of are using something provided by Target Tracker. I imagine there are a growing number of systems out there.

CVA I believe does still exist, but the main focus is now on attainment rather than progress. It's all about getting children to Age Related Expectations.

I'm still learning in all this though, so would welcome other comments, even if they contradict me!

3. marynpat

marynpat New commenter

Thanks so much for replying. That clarifies.

Does anyone know about the Sen stuff?

4. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter