1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Returned from sick leave to find I'd been replaced!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Admin Guru, May 2, 2011.

1. I had been off sick for 3 months with work related stress. On my return to work found that my office had been cleared of all my files, I had no computer access, someone else had been appointed as School Business Manager, staff have been told not to talk to me and I sit there all day with no work to do! Have spoken to Head but she says they haven't planned any work for me - what on earth do I do?

2. I had been off sick for 3 months with work related stress. On my return to work found that my office had been cleared of all my files, I had no computer access, someone else had been appointed as School Business Manager, staff have been told not to talk to me and I sit there all day with no work to do! Have spoken to Head but she says they haven't planned any work for me - what on earth do I do?

3. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Contact your union and seek advice. This sounds dreadful. Has the Head indicated that the person doing 'your' job is on a temporary contract? Perhaps you just have to wait it out until their contract ends?
    Just trying to be positive.

4. I agree with Eva. In the meantime, you must speak again with your HT and clarify what is happening. Not exactly helpful to stress recovery!

5. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Do you really want to be working in a place that runs on fear? Do you have any old colleagues who you can talk (in confidence?) to outside of school? Reading between the lines, I suspect HT aided your sick-leave. This is work-related bullying which is horrible (I've been there, got the T-shirt and all that, so I do know first-hand how you are feeling. I moved on to another school and am now in a better place, but occassionally I meet my bully and the old resentment and hurt comes flooding back)
    Please let us know how you get on with this.
    Joni xx

6. Thank you for your wise words Haggisfish. That's a very good idea.