1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Return to work

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lara mfl 05, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ooh, really tough for anyone looking to 'get back into teaching' at present. I've been trying for over 10 years and it's definitely even worse than when I first started.
    My first positive suggestion is to pop along to the Jobseeker's forum, put 'bitty employment history' into the search box and tick Jobseeker's only and you should find some excellent advice., from the resident expert Theo Griff.

2. Thankyou Lara, Is that forum part of this site too? I'm just feeling my way around. I stopped full time work in 2002, but worked supply off and on til 2005 and then did random voluntary work. Funny how if you take time off from looking after other people's kids to raise your own how tough it is to get back in!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sure is. On my browser it shows on the left hand side 5th section down under Career - Jobseekers comes after Career Clinic. That's for future reference. However her's a quick link
    <h3>Jobseekers </h3>clicking on that should take you straight to it.
    That's always confused me too, I would have thought it showed commitment, but apparently not!

4. Dear Lara,
    Thanks so much for your time. I have sent him a great big query now. Best of luck in your future.