1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

return to work not going as well as hoped.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by kangaroo.poop, May 7, 2011.

1. i have recently returned to work after 4 months off.
    i have reached the end of my staggered return and have been back 2 weeks.
    All staff have been lovely except for my boss who has been just plain rude. so far it has been said (and this can only be based on 4 months ago) that my hand writting it terrible and scruffy, i can't remember to do things. It was roughy implied that i am not a team player, when i said i didn't think something fitted with the curriculum at we were trying to deliver. Oh yes an i also tell lies!
    I really didn't believe i was that bad, i worked 9 hours a day and then did more when i got home. I have never been late or missed a deadline. I have always done exactly what is asked and never refused to halp, if anything i have offered to do more.
    the to really take the biscuit i was told to "hurry up " and "you're supposed to be in there by now!" in fairness i could tell that they had realised what they had said and tried to back it up with another statement but it was a bit late really as what was said was said.
    So far i haven't said anything, I didn't even respond when told to "hurry up." I'm just really not settled and the attitude towards me from one person in has changed. 2 weeks ago it was "we are pleased to have you back" and now that i have only been in 7 days it seems that everything that wasn't done while i was away wasn't done while i was there before either and its my fault!
    If anything else is said i feel i am going to say "i haven't been here for months so how is this my fault!"
    At this point do i pluck up the courage to say i am being unfairly treated, speak to OH or what other options do i have? or do i just sit tight and wait until they move onto someone else?