1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Return to work meeting

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by stuffedcrust, Feb 8, 2012.

1. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

I've been off sick with work related stress and depression since November. I have had 6 sessions of counselling with Occupational Health and was prescribed fluoxetine but suffered from epileptic fits so had to stop them. I don't feel on top of the world by any means but I can't see how staying off any longer is going to help.

I have a meeting scheduled for after half term, with my Head Teacher and the Occupational Health Nurse. I have received a letter from school informing me that he is bringing 2 members of HR with him so I've rung my union rep to have him there to support me.

Has anyone had a meeting like this before? What should I expect from it?

2. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

I've been off sick with work related stress and depression since November. I have had 6 sessions of counselling with Occupational Health and was prescribed fluoxetine but suffered from epileptic fits so had to stop them. I don't feel on top of the world by any means but I can't see how staying off any longer is going to help.

I have a meeting scheduled for after half term, with my Head Teacher and the Occupational Health Nurse. I have received a letter from school informing me that he is bringing 2 members of HR with him so I've rung my union rep to have him there to support me.

Has anyone had a meeting like this before? What should I expect from it?

3. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

You should have had a letter sent to you explaining the purpose of the meeting. It could be to see what can be done to reduce your stress to help you return or to start the absence proceedings. It all depends on what caused your work related stress as to how the meeting is likely to go. Whatever you do take your rep from regional with you.