1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Return-to-work blues? Become a teacher, says charity

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Shedman, Jan 1, 2020.

1. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Or they give you a ticket to sit with group D

agathamorse, Jamvic and Shedman like this.
  2. bessiesmith2

bessiesmith2 New commenter

Although the beauty of anonymous posting allows teachers to express honest views which they might well temper in a staff room discussion with their colleagues. Still I agree in principle that some teachers are much happier than others. The main source of unhappiness I find among colleagues, teacher friends and online is to do with accountability rather than the actual act of teaching itself. The feeling that nothing is ever good enough, and you are always one dodgy observation away from a 'support plan'.

3. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Nail hit firmly on head!

agathamorse, Jolly_Roger15 and Jamvic like this.
  4. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

that's because positivity is rare.

The only positivity I have experienced at work in the last 2 years has been from the head and deputy head telling us how brilliant they are, we are, the children are, the school is, and can people please stop "moaning" -(and by "moaning" what is meant is objecting to 70-90 hour weeks, bullying from management, insane targets etc)

agathamorse, eljefeb90 and Shedman like this.
  5. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I think it depends so much on individual schools. Myself and most of my colleagues are/have been happy in our work. Yes, we've had times that haven't been all good, but generally the positives outweigh the negatives. I am talking primary. I think it must be different in secondary. Perhaps we should start a thread on the positive side of teaching to balance out the negative ones. I wonder if anyone on TES would post?
    Corvus, for the sake of your sanity you should try and get another job.