1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Return to teaching - science lab observations

Discussion in 'Science' started by AshgarMary, Oct 25, 2011.

1. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

I will be starting a return to teaching course in January and am hoping to get some informal science lab observations (especially physics) in before then at a school other than the formal TP school.

Does anyone have any links to useful 'how to observe' resources? I'm particularly interested in management of practical work, especially since things will have changed considerably with regard to H&S since I was last a teacher!

PS I'm currently living abroad so don't have access to relevant bookshops, Amazon etc. so online resources would be greatly appreciated.

2. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Hi Emma
    It's funded by the education authorities of a non-English constituent country of the UK and done in conjunction with a university of that country.
    Sorry for not being more specific, but there were very few places available and not sure if it is a one-off. I actually approached the OU to see if I could do relevant parts of their PGCE (although I already have one) and someone mentioned it to me as a possibility. I think I was 'right place right time'.