1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Return from Maternity

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by princessmelody, Jun 16, 2011.

1. princessmelody

princessmelody New commenter

Tricky one- I'm assuming your new job is in a new school? I'd be tempted to take (and self cert) a few days off. A stomach bug perhaps? Do you think that would give you enough time to be rested? If you are going to another school I expect your current school are giving you loads of jobs to do to get their money's worth? If you do think this is the case then stuff em! If you are struggling, them piling on the work won't help. If you don't feel like you can take time off then just take each week/day/lesson as it comes....it's only a few weeks til the summer holidays. Hope all goes well.

2. I felt similar to this whilst pregnant last time and my doc suggested self-cert for a week to get a bit of space and rest, rather than go through the hassle of 'stress' on my work record. It was enough to get me limping on till the hols and after mat leave I felt much more able to cope any way. It's not long till you leave now. Can you coast till then, and fingers crossed things are much better in September?

3. I returned to work on the 16th of May and I found it very very stressful, I totally see where you are coming from. People do not tend to understand how difficult it can be, I did not have a year off but my baby is very sick all I do is worry about her.
    It does get easier and if you keep yourself busy it's even better, I am having an issue with too much gained time but I am making sure I am running around anyway.
    It is not long till the holidays, I'd be careful with taking time off, it may make it all the more difficult in your new school, you might be better off trying to get through it enjoying the hols and then jumping straight in in Sept.