1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Retraining

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by cresco, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hello. Was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I am English Teacher, and I have had enough of this marking nonsense that my subject has. I am really sick to death of it.
    What is the deal with retraining for something like pupil support.
    Thanks

2. Hello. Was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I am English Teacher, and I have had enough of this marking nonsense that my subject has. I am really sick to death of it.
    What is the deal with retraining for something like pupil support.
    Thanks

3. Any teacher can be an SFL teacher so you just have to apply for jobs. Obviously relevant knowledge and experience will help but, in all honesty, I think it's a dangerous move just now as SFL jobs are in many ways the easiest to cut and are already being drastically reduced in some areas.

4. What? I did not come on here for a fight or a wind-up - after just having marked 240 Close Reading papers, I think I am entitled to a few mistakes in my English.
    Some people.Keep your small minded, not asked for, opinions to yourself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the advice Airy.

5. You're not entitled to any mistakes on this forum! I've long since learned that.

After 36 years teaching, my grammar at times is still terrible and sometimes I will write things they way I'd say it as opposed to what may be grammatically correct or spelt correctly.

Still get shot down in flames every time - but I don't care!

6. Why do you want to do pupil support ? ( as opposed to wanting to get away from English teaching)

7. Why were you asked to mark 240 Close Reading papers? I don't think it's Pupil Support you're after: it's a new PT.

8. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

It wasn't the quality of the English that made me think this is a windup- more the suggestion that ASN teachers have an easy time of it!