1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

retorted

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Foneypharaoh, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Spelling again. Sorry.

2. kemevez

kemevez Occasional commenter

No worries, we will beer with you.

3. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

That Aaron, he was a ***!
    [​IMG]
    A little seen picture of french General pointing out to his troops that if they really run fast they can be in the bar in Etaples before the boche.

4. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

So it should have been 'remortgaged'? If you were a proper teacher you wouldn't have spent all the rent money in the bar.

5. Mainwaring

I see that the Star Wars Hero thread in Spanish has been debibbulated, which is quite amusing considering that my OP really was completely harmless and complimentary to the heroic central character who defended his planet against rapacious inter-galactic commerce. Rather surprising when I recall that our colleague recently boasted on Opinion that he couldn't imagine any school subject that he knew nothing about. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the world's number two international idiom occasionally finds its way into the MFL curriculum along with Maths and Serbo-Clovish.

6. So how many of your threads have been deleted over the last 10 days M? I've lost count.

7. Mainwaring

It is all part of an ongoing research project to find out what the moderation policy actually is (as opposed to what it says in the Terms & Conditions). My working hypothesis, based on several years' data collection was 'If anybody at all objects to anything at all, don't read it, just delete it'. In these straightened times I can see how this approach would appeal to the TES bean-counters as it can be operated on a shoestring by personnel on minimum wage. I have already successfully defended my PhD thesis 'The Economics of Debibbulation' before a viva voce symposium of the University of Ken (which incidentally is also Dr CO Jones's alma mater) and I look forward receiving my doctorate at the June degree congregation.

8. Your OP might have been, but the subsequent edits (was it SMTDude?) weren't. [​IMG]

9. Congratulations 'de antemano', then.

10. I have a flight to Australia in July. Will you send me a copy for my Kindle, please? [​IMG]

11. Mainwaring

I'll do better than that. You can have the electronic copy of my forthcoming obra 'No Baboons in India'

12. And I'll do better than that. I'll buy it. Same publishers as AWC? When is it coming out?

13. Mainwaring

Still working on the final revision but I'm targeting November as with AWC.

14. Mainwaring

Yes it was. If it hadn't been Dude it would have been Pharaoh, though his Spanish is not quite up to Cervantes standard. You are right, of course. It's impossible to control these loose cannon. Here am, attempting to diffuse sweetness and light and they frustrate me at every turn.

15. I think that Bibbler would take issue with that statement! [​IMG]

16. Mainwaring

I know, I know. He's utterly ungrateful. I regale him with culture, such as...
    Malvolio, Malvolio, thy wits the heavens restore!
    endeavour thyself to sleep, and leave thy vain
    bibble babble
    ...and he repays me with rancour and such dross as 'Any buffoon can teach English'.