1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Retirement resignation letter...

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by richest1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. richest1

richest1 Occasional commenter

Hi, what should the format be for my retirement resignation letter at my normal age of 60, next summer, term ending August 31st.

What to include and not include? Or is it just a simple note to the Head?

Thanks

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

"Dear HT,

I am writing formally to give you good notice that I intend to resign my post at ........ with effect from 31st August 2019 as I intend to retire from teaching (having reached 60 years old).

I would be grateful if the school's [bursar? Finance Office? HR department - whatever fits] would expedite the necessary paperwork promptly for me to start taking my pension in September 2019 as this is the busiest time of the year for the TPS.

[Can be added in if you wish] I would like to say that I have enjoyed my ....years at .... and, of course, will be happy to do all I can to help ensure a smooth handover to whomsoever replaces me.

Yours sincerely,

richest1"

Something like this...

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Keep it brief, include all the essentials but don't gush. It's a formal document not a personal letter.

Shedman, emerald52 and richest1 like this.
  4. richest1

richest1 Occasional commenter

Thanks Frank.

5. PeterQuint

PeterQuint Lead commenter

“You keep my things,
    They’ve come to take me home.”

6. mjfp509

mjfp509 New commenter

Dear HT,

I'm had enough of lesson observations, learning walks, data, excessive monitoring, book / planning scrutinies, not to mention OFSTED, etc.

I'm retiring . Bye !

rachaelga, BSL1, tolkien28 and 5 others like this.
  7. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

You forgot the date.:D

richest1 likes this.