1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Retirement Date

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by queeniebunn, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Anyone know rules about retirement?

Company policy means I can work until I am 68 which I will be tomorrow (Tuesday).

I have been asked to work tomorrow (Tuesday). Is this correct? Does this take me into the next year of employment?

Just a bit concerned that company may not be insured if an accident occurs (driver).

Thanks in anticipation

2. Anyone know rules about retirement?

Company policy means I can work until I am 68 which I will be tomorrow (Tuesday).

I have been asked to work tomorrow (Tuesday). Is this correct? Does this take me into the next year of employment?

Just a bit concerned that company may not be insured if an accident occurs (driver).

Thanks in anticipation

3. Not to sure how this relates to the pay and conditions of a teacher. As for the insurance issue why not simply ask?

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

If they're paying you, you're insured.

5. Not always, many commercial motoring insurance policies have an upper age limit. They only way to find out is to ask, or ask to see the insurance policy, after all you will (if caught) get 6 points on your licence for no insurance and a fine. Your employer can also be be issued with a fine for knowlingly allowing you to drive a vehicle without insurance.